(1893): The Kunkle United Brethren Church was dedicated. The first United Brethren church in Kunkle was a wooden frame building erected on the northwest corner of Main and Center streets about 1889. That year the United Brethren denomination split nationally into “liberal” and “radical” factions.
The Liberal faction of local United Brethren kept the wooden frame church, and the Radical United Brethren congregation erected this existing brick church on Angola Street, which was dedicated February 5, 1893.
This May 23, 2015, photograph of the Kunkle United Brethren Church is from the Kevin Maynard collection–Courtesy of the Williams County, Ohio, Local History Exchange.
© 2018, Forrest Church. All rights reserved.