(November 22, 1943): The cornerstone of the Bryan police tower at the northeast corner of the Williams County courthouse park was laid.
For several years Bryan Village Council discussed building a police tower on the square to allow officers to quickly respond throughout town. The tower was a 10- x 10-foot, eight-sided yellow brick and concrete structure with a flat roof.
The police tower was first occupied in January 1944. Circa 1961 the Bryan Police Department relocated to City Hall.
The police tower was razed on September 15, 1965.
This vintage image of the Bryan police tower is from the Williams County Public Library’s Photographic Archives–Courtesy of the Williams County, Ohio, Local History Exchange.
© 2018, The Village Reporter and/or Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.