(1958): Ground was broken for the new 11,000-square-foot Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company plant at Edgerton and Emmett streets in Bryan.
In April 1953 Selwyn R. Shook and his son Roger H. Shook purchased the Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company owned by Dierk’s Beverages at 117 South Beech Street. The plant was moved to 609 East Mulberry Street the following year. Operations were relocated to the company’s new Edgerton Street facility in the fall of 1958. By 1974, the Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company employed 41 people and also bottled Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Teem, Vernors, Mason’s Root Beer and Suncrest flavors at its Bryan facility.
Its products were distributed in Williams, Defiance, Henry, Fulton and Paulding counties. This vintage image of a Bryan Pepsi-Cola bottle cap is from the Kevin Maynard collection–Courtesy of the Williams County, Ohio, Local History Exchange.
© 2018, The Village Reporter and/or The Associated Press. All rights reserved.