By Lucinda Held-Faulhaber – THE VILLAGE REPOTER
Andy Ledyard was tapped Edon Board of Public Affairs president during its first monthly session of 2014 held Tuesday, January 14 at Edon Village Chambers. Mayor Darlene Burkhardt called the late afternoon meeting to order with members Warren Henry, Chip Hulbert, Andy Ledyard, Fiscal Officer Heidi Bidwell, Solicitor Tom Thompson and Water/Wastewater Superintendent Chris Decker in attendance.
Upon approving Mr. Ledyard’s nomination for a second term, members voted to continue with the second Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. as the date and time for its regular monthly meeting.
In other business brought before the Board, members:
• Reviewed BPA Duties and Powers with Solicitor Thompson; handouts distributed to members proved very informative.
• Accepted the Minutes, Financial Report and Bills as presented.
• Heard in addition to daily operations at both the Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants, Superintendent Decker had rebuilt the CL2 pump; changed out the pump house’s sump pump; discontinued two residential services for non-payment and worked to fix the leak inside the pump house (repairs later completed by Artesian of Pioneer). He also looked into residential sewer concerns (issues located on homeowner’s side of the connection); closed up the plant for cold weather; repaired the EQ pump and thawed out the frozen clarifier (preventative measures will need to be taken).
• Heard I & I issues were good and being maintained.
• Voted to enter into Executive Session to discuss employee discipline. Upon returning to Open Session from an extended discussion, members approved the motion to have Superintendent Decker take his water license/operator certification exam on May 7, 2014.
• Signed the Shut-Off List.
Edon Board of Public Affairs will hold its next meeting Tuesday, February 11, 2014 beginning at 4:30 p.m. in Village Chambers.
Lucinda Held-Faulhaber may be reached at email@example.com