BBC Events Raise Money To Help Fight Cancer

Komen Check II web

BIG CHECK – BIGGER CAUSE … The Buckeye Boarder Conference and Susan G. Komen Northwest Ohio Affiliate Sports for the Cure teamed up to dedicate an entire week to help raise funds for the fight to end breast cancer forever.  All six BBC schools (Edon, Fayette, Pettisville, Hilltop, Stryker, and North Central) actively participated in hopes of finding a cure, and the conference presented their contribution at the North Central/Hilltop basketball game on February 1 to Debra Meyer, Susan G. Komen Northwest Ohio Affiliate Outreach Coordinator.  The BBC presented a check for $8,431.50 to Komen Northwest Ohio Affiliate, to help achieve the vision of a world without breast cancer become a reality.

Pictured are Debra Meyer, Komen Hoops for the Cure Chairperson, Cathie Batt, Chairperson from Hilltop, Melinda Fugate and Brandie Bailey, Co-Chairpersons from North Central.

75 percent of net proceeds raised from events like, Sports for the Cure, stay within our Affiliates 24 counties.  The remaining 25 percent goes to the National Grants Program for energizing science to find the cures.

Komen Northwest Ohio is grateful to the athletes, coaches, parents, and volunteers who worked together to support Sports for the Cure.  The dollars that the BBC raised, their commitment, and their time are helping in the fight to end breast cancer forever.

© 2013 – 2016, Forrest Church. All rights reserved.


Be the first to comment on "BBC Events Raise Money To Help Fight Cancer"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.