Brad McCrea was elected President of the Edon Northwest Local Board of Education during its Reorganization Meeting held Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. in the Edon Schools Media Center. Elected Vice-President was Aaron Hake; both terms are for one year.
Additionally at this time, the Board approved:
• Continuing with the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. as the date and time for regular monthly sessions (with the exception of November’s session on the third Tuesday or when otherwise noted).
• Authorizing Superintendent Ed Ewers to serve as Purchasing Agent for the District.
• Setting Bonds for the Treasurer, Superintendent and Board President at $20,000 each.
• Maintaining the Board’s Service Fund at $5,000 (for annual expenses incurred by members in their official duties i.e. workshops, professional development programs, etc.).
• Approving Ennis, Roberts and Fischer as Legal Counsel.
Board members also agreed to serve on the following committees:
• Ohio School Boards Association (OSBA) Legislative Liaison ~ Jamie Schaffter
• OSBA Student Achievement Liaison ~ Dave Haase
• Athletic Council Representative ~ Jamie Schaffter
• Park Board Representative ~ Aaron Hake
• Technology Committee ~ Brad McCrea, Jamie Schaffter
• Policy Book Committee ~ Dave Wehrle, Aaron Hake
• Negotiation Committee ~ Dave Haase, Dave Wehrle, Aaron Hake (alternate)
• Audit Committee ~ Brad McCrea, Dave Wehrle
With approval of 2014 Reorganization Items and Appointments as presented, the meeting was adjourned to regular session.
© 2014 – 2016, The Village Reporter and/or Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.