Edgerton Needs Entries For Homecoming Parade

The village is calling for entrants to Edgerton’s Homecoming Parade this summer.

The parade starts at 11 a.m., Saturday, July 29. Staging begins at 9:30 a.m. in Miller Park.

Floats should be creative and follow the village’s Ballpark Bash theme. Prizes will be awarded for first- and second-place finishers. Judging will be based on 25 percent neatness, 25 percent on organization and overall presentation and 50 percent on originality and reflecting the theme.
Entries need to have the name of the float, the category (marching band, antique, pageant, float, decorated car or other circled, and a paragraph that will be read during the parade.

For more information, call Carissa Fritch at 419-737-6141 or carissafce@gmail.com

Summer lunch program on tap
Edgerton’s summer food program is a go this year.
The program will run from 11:45 p.m. to 12:15 p.m. Monday through Friday, June 5 through Aug. 10, at the village administrative offices at 324 N. Michigan St. The program will be closed July 3 and 4.
The program is open to all children and teens ages 1-18. There is no income requirement and no ID is required.

For more information, contact www.nocac.org. Early registration is not required.

Railroad work behind new detour
Repairs to the railroad crossing between Depot and Indiana streets in Edgerton will create a long detour for drivers on SR 49.

ODOT will shut off access to SR 49 in Edgerton May 4 and continue for eight days. The detour will be adequately marked by ODOT District 2, press release from the village stated.

The detour will divert traffic to U.S. 6 leaving town, to U.S. 2, then southwest to SR 249, then west back to SR 49.

This detour affects SR 49 at Straight-line mile marker 1.51. The detour will be 23 miles. For more information, visit http://www.odotonline.org/detours/detour.asp?detNumber=1153 .

Thompson-Geesey-Qtrly-gde-Mach-2017-1000x281.jpg

Be the first to comment on "Edgerton Needs Entries For Homecoming Parade"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*