After many years of meeting at the Edon Public Library, the Edon American Legion Post 662 finally has a place all to themselves. Up until the early 1990’s, Post 662, which was organized in 1946, used to own the building next to what until recently housed the Edon Steak House. It was at that time the Post members decided it was a financially responsible decision to sell the building after receiving an offer that was too good to refuse.
After the building sale, the Post meetings were held at the library. That all changed this summer when the Edon American Legion moved into the vacant building between the Edon State Bank and the Best Insurance Agency. According to members Dan Gallagher, Karl Mauerhan, Marvin Gearhart, and Lamont Knapp, the new building meets the needs of Post 662 quite nicely. This is quite obvious as the members have adorned the building with several military and historical artifacts that have been collected over the years.
The four aforementioned members are obviously very proud of their new home as they provided a tour of the building as well as explanations of its contents. After this visit it is apparent that members hope to remain at their new location for a long time!
Kent Hutchison can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2016 – 2017, The Village Reporter and/or Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.