Edon Board of Public Affairs took up a straightforward agenda during its regular monthly session held Tuesday, February 11, 2014 in Village Chambers. President Andy Ledyard called the late afternoon meeting to order with members Warren Henry, Chip Hulbert, Fiscal Officer Heidi Bidwell and Water/Wastewater Superintendent Chris Decker in attendance.
In business brought before the Board, members:
• Discussed cutbacks in 2014 Appropriations due to reductions in Income Tax allotments.
• Heard in addition to daily operations, snow removal, insulating areas from the cold and keeping equipment thawed at both the Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants, Superintendent Decker assisted residents with water service issues (frozen line and service leak); tended to the frozen clarifier; changed out the CL2 pumps and posted shut-off notices on resident’s doors. He also worked on the WWTP’s indoor and outdoor lighting and looked into residential sewer concerns (riser hit with snow plow).
• Learned the monthly Water Report had been completed; the Sludge Report had been submitted to the State as well.
• Accepted the Minutes, Financial Report and Bills as presented.
• Signed the Shut-Off List.
Edon Board of Public Affairs will hold its next meeting Tuesday, March 11, 2014 beginning at 4:30 p.m. in Village Chambers.
© 2014 – 2016, The Village Reporter and/or Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.