Edon Board of Public Affairs addressed a light agenda during its regular monthly session held Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at Edon Village Chambers. Mayor Darlene Burkhardt called the late afternoon meeting to order with members Warren Henry, Andy Ledyard, Fiscal Officer Heidi Bidwell and Water/Wastewater Superintendent Chris Decker in attendance; not answering roll was Chip Hulbert.
In action taken, the Board:
- Approved the Minutes, Financial Report and Bills as presented.
- Was informed by Superintendent Decker that three and one-half inches of rain had fallen from January 14-30 and took four days to empty out; drainage is getting better. He also reported 2.3 dry tonnage of sludge was handled and sent out by Mike’s Sanitation; the Wastewater Treatment Plant’s generator had been serviced; a sump pump was purchased for the water pit (at the suggestion of EPA) and camera images indicated tree roots had grown through the lateral pipe to a local house; residents will need to replace.
- Heard updates regarding the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation PERRP (Public Employment Risk Reduction Program) inspection report. Railings around the inside tanks were being installed by Superintendent Decker; quotes would be obtained to complete work on the outside tanks.
- Noted lighting work at the water bay had been completed by Tim Hartsock.
- Learned water usage in 2012 totaled forty-two million gallons (the month of July had the highest usage with five million gallons); water withdrawals for the compliance report have been done.
- Approved changing the lower manifolds at the Water Plant (where leaks are occurring); Artesian will complete at an estimated cost of $1,000-$1,500.
- Noted information is still being collected by Superintendent Decker and Fiscal Officer Bidwell for the Ohio Rural Community Assistance Program (RCAP); affordable funding could be secured through their services to upgrade the Water Plant and offset maintenance costs for the Water Tower Project.
- Signed the Shut-Off List.
Edon Board of Public Affairs will hold its next meeting Tuesday, March 12, 2013 beginning at 4:30 p.m. in Village Chambers.