With regret, Mayor Darlene Burkhardt accepted the resignation of Edon Board of Public Affairs President Kyle Sapp during their regular session held Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at Edon Village Chambers. Also present for the late afternoon meeting were Board Members Warren Henry, Andy Ledyard, Fiscal Officer Heidi Bidwell and Water/Wastewater Superintendent Chris Decker.
Over the course of nearly four terms, Mr. Sapp has established himself as a well-respected and knowledgeable member of the Edon BPA. “I want to thank you, Kyle, for all your years of service,” shared Mayor Burkhardt, “and for agreeing to be appointed to the Village’s Board of Public Affairs.” Colleagues joined the Mayor in expressing their appreciation to Mr. Sapp for his dedicated service and assistance as well.
Sapp’s resignation, effective September 21, 2012, is due to his family moving out of the village limits. The unexpired sixteen-month term will remain vacant until an appointment is made by the Mayor and confirmed by Village Council at its regular October session.
In routine business, the Board:
- Approved the Minutes, Financial Report and Bills as presented.
- Learned I & I issues remain status quo.
- Approved the purchase of a new chlorometer ($650) for the Water Plant; the current one in use will now be utilized at the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Was updated by Water/Wastewater Superintendent Decker regarding department projects, including: preparing for the September 19 EPA meeting, locating two service shutoffs, repairing a residential septic tank, working to restore water service at the garage bays and addressing issues with the Co-Op outlet.
- Learned a chlorine pump ($542) and high service pump (pending estimate) would be repaired as spares for the Water Department.
- Heard from Ohio EPA Division of Environmental and Financial Assistance that requirements of the Village’s 2009 Water Pollution Control Loan Fund (WPCLF) agreement had been fulfilled; Stimulus monies were used to line four Village manholes.
- Signed the Shut-Off List.
Edon Board of Public Affairs will hold its next meeting Wednesday, October 10, 2012 beginning at 4:00 p.m. in Village Chambers.
© 2012 – 2016, The Village Reporter and/or The Associated Press. All rights reserved.