By: Lucinda Held-Faulhaber – THE VILLAGE REPORTER
Edon Board of Public Affairs addressed a clear-cut agenda when it convened in regular session Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at Edon Village Chambers. Mayor Darlene Burkhardt called the late afternoon meeting to order with members Chip Hulbert, Andy Ledyard, Fiscal Officer Heidi Bidwell and Water/Wastewater Superintendent Chris Decker in attendance; not answering roll was Warren Henry.
In action taken, the Board:
- Learned in addition to daily operations, Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant Superintendent Decker had assisted residents with water valve replacements and shut-off; restored water service; located the Township Building’s shut-off; assisted two commercial consumers with high water usage and posted residential shut-off notices. Additionally, he installed septic tank risers and replaced lids; cleaned the treatment plant’s Lift Station float; determined the source of sewer odor for a homeowner; addressed septic tank issues at the Mobile Home Park and pumped several septic holding tanks.
- Approved the submitted $3753 estimate to rebuild a lift pump at the treatment plant (two new ones are currently in service); cost for a new pump is seven thousand dollars.
- Heard DS-201 and DS-202 testing for Disinfection of Byproducts had been completed on water samples; this testing increases the public’s health protection of effects associated with disinfection byproducts throughout the distribution system.
- Was informed insurance monies ($1832.53) had been received for this summer’s lightning damage to the Water Plant; the claim ($2832.53) carried a one thousand dollar deductible.
- Noted I & I issues continue to be investigated and rain amounts monitored.
- Approved the Minutes, Financial Report and Bills as presented.
- Signed the Shut-Off List.
Edon Board of Public Affairs will hold its next meeting Tuesday, November 12, 2013 beginning at 4:30 p.m. in Village Chambers.
Lucinda Held-Faulhaber may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2013 – 2016, The Village Reporter and/or Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.