Edon Board of Public Affairs addressed a light agenda when it convened in regular session Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at Edon Village Chambers. Mayor Darlene Burkhardt called the afternoon meeting to order with members Chip Hulbert, Andy Ledyard, Warren Henry, Fiscal Officer Heidi Bidwell and Water/Wastewater Superintendent Chris Decker in attendance.
In action taken, the Board:[emember_protected custom_msg=”Full content protected for online subscribers. Purchase a one week subscription from the top menu bar for just $1.99 to read all online content (full access). Longer subscription plans are also available. Subscriptions cover our costs to attend local events; bringing forth Hometown News Coverage to our communities.”]
- Approved the Minutes, Financial Report and Bills as presented.
- Heard from Superintendent Decker that recent residential issues, including pumping tanks, pulling/setting a new tank, fixing park and home service leaks and taking camera shots to address drain and other concerns more accurately, had been completed; the newly-jetted drain at the back bay is working fine; the equalizer pump, generator pad and installation of exterior steel railings at the Water Plant are all works in progress.
- Was informed some I & I issues had been tracked to the field west of Walz Park where manholes, lines and tap installations are slated to be checked with a camera. Both manholes will likely need to be lined by Advanced Rehabilitation Technology to eliminate groundwater intrusion; when completed, posts will be installed to prevent damage.
- Approved letting Florence Township Fire Department fill pools located within the village. At this time, water will not be sold in bulk; charges are set at ten dollars per one thousand gallons with a twenty-five dollar minimum.
- Heard Artesian of Pioneer would begin replacing the Water Plant’s lower manifolds after Memorial Day Weekend.
- Learned the Wastewater Treatment Plant’s lift pump was still out; response from Industrial Fluid Management is expected within two-three weeks.
- Learned a follow-up study assessing Water Plant upgrades would take RCAP (Ohio Rural Community Assistance Program) approximately thirty days to complete.
- Was notified backflow notices had gone out.
- Tabled setting a date to smoke village sewer drains.
- Signed the Shut-Off List.
Edon Board of Public Affairs will hold its next meeting Tuesday, June 11, 2013 beginning at 4:30 p.m. in Village Chambers.[/emember_protected]