Members of the Fayette Local Board of Education convened in regular session on the evening of March 9.
The Board approved the financial reports for February, which included the current tax rates. As presented, the current tax rates stand at..
Inside Millage of 4.5 mills generating $297,019
Outside Millage of 43.2 mills generating $1,142,372
Outside Millage of 3 mills generating $198,031
Permanent Improvement (Maintenance)
Outside Millage of 0.50 mills generating $18,460
The Board also accepted donations of $200 from James & Joyce Fruchey, and $100 from Quality Tube for Class of 2017 Activities
The Board agreed to a six-year contract with NBEC/NWOCA for Managed Internal Broadband Services in the amount of $43,413.26, beginning July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2021. In matters pertaining to students, the Board approved the FFA students attendance at the National FFA Convention at Louisville, KY, October 29 – 31, 2015.
Prior to adjournment, the Board approved the following coaching staff moves…
* – Geoffrey Gilmore as Assistant Track/Junior High Track Coach for 2014-2015.
* – Brenda Wagner as Varsity Volleyball Coach for 2015-2016.
* – Amy Herman as Junior High Volleyball Coach for 2015-2016.
* – Matt Maginn as Varsity Cross Country Coach for 2015-2016.
* – Ryan Colegrove Varsity Golf Coach for 2015-2016.
* – Katie Borer as a volunteer for high school volleyball for 2015-2016, pending proper background and reference checks.
* – Shenae Kramer, Taylor Hartman and Taylor Bryant as volunteers for softball for 2014-2015, pending proper background and reference checks.
Timothy Kays may be reached at
© 2015 – 2016, The Village Reporter and/or Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.