The Fayette Local Board of Education met April 10 to conduct business at its monthly meeting.
The meeting was interrupted by an executive session to discuss personnel. The session took 58 minutes.
In other actions, the board approved:
– Non-renewal of supplemental one-year contracts for 2016-17;
– The retirement of Irene Fether as assistant to the Treasurer, effective June 29;
– Scheduling a public hearing at 7 p.m., May 22 to discuss the retire and rehire of a public employee;
– Unpaid leave days for an employee;
– A two-year contract as Food Service Director for Amy Gorsuch, ending June 30, 2019;
– A one-year contract as transportation coordinator for Ryan Eberly, ending June 30, 2018;
– A two-year contract as bus driver for Michelle Pilbeam, and Amy Hibbard as Emis/Secretary-preschool aide, ending June 30, 2019, pending proper licenses and background and reference checks.
– A three-year contract for Steve Snider as director of operations, ending June 30, 2020;
– A one-year supplemental contract for 2017-18 for: Kandice Lemley, varsity cheerleading coach;
Jared Lemley as archery head coach; Leo Wixom as archery assistant coach; Bryan Stambaugh as assistant athletic director (April 10-June 30); Rodney Kessler as volunteer boys basketball coach; Chuck Wurth as volunteer archery coach; Ben Sly as seventh-grade boys basketball coach; Scott Wagner as eighth-grade boys basketball coach; Ryan Colgrove as ninth-grade and varsity assistant coach; Matt Maginn as JV boys basketball coach and Todd Mitchell as boys varsity coach.
Contracts are pending proper licenses, background and reference checks.
– A one-year consultant for NOVA services contract for Patricia Ross, ending July 31, 2018;
– The following teacher contracts pending proper licenses and required documents:
– One year, ending June 30, 2018: Mariah Downing and Jaime Rupp
– Two years, ending June 30, 2019: Jeffrey Dunford, Gina Howard, Keith Klein, Amy Mitchell and Scott Sanderson.
The board approved the following donations:
– $740 for FFA Camp from an anonymous donor;
– $1,148.48 for spring sports equipment from Fayette Athletic Boosters;
– $110 for food for Kids’ Kupboard from Our Lady of Mercy;
– $568 for clothing apparel from AmJam Designs.
The board approved the following agreements:
– Participating in the state of Ohio Cooperative Purchasing Program;
– The College Credit Plus Agreements for Fiscal Year 2018 from the following:
– University of Toledo
Owens State Community College
Northwest State Community College
– The following for bus and van driver physicals:
– Drs. Fritz and Theobald from Activate Clinic and Dr. Williams from Tri-County Chiropractic.
Approved changes in the board meeting schedule: Upcoming meetings are May 22 and June 21
© 2017, The Village Reporter and/or Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.