The March Meeting of the Four County Career Center Board of Education was held on Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. Preceding this meeting, the Finance Committee met at 6:00 p.m.
Rick Hupe was elected to serve as Treasurer Pro-Tem in the absence of Connie Nicely.
As part of the Treasurer’s Report, the Board accepted and/or approved the following items:
• February Meeting Minutes.
• Financial statements and investments for February 2017 as presented.
• Appropriation modifications as presented.
• A Resolution accepting the amounts and rates as determined by the Budget Commission and authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying them to the County Auditor for Fiscal Year 2018.
• To approve the cost sheets for the 2017-18 school year.
• Participation in the OHI Workers’ Compensation Group Rating Program for 2018.
As part of the Superintendent’s Report, the board accepted and/or approved the following items:
• A three-year contract to Krissy Cheslock, effective July 1, 2017.
• A second one-year contract to Marsha Heilman, effective July 1, 2017.
• “EnvionIT” Summary Professional Development for certified staff as presented.
• Updated Board Policies as presented.
• A resolution acknowledging an Enterprise Zone Agreement between the Board and the Henry County Commissioners for Custom Agri Systems.
• The Hospitality and Tourism Course of Study.
• The resignations for purpose of retirement for Steve Hootman and Judy Leininger.
• To set a public hearing on April 20, 2017 at 6:30 p.m., for the reemployment of retirees Judy Leininger and Steve Hootman. This meeting will be held prior to the regular monthly meeting.
Under Board Committee Reports, the Board received updates from:
• Finance Committee
• Legislative Liaison
Upcoming meetings involving members of the Four County Career Center Board of Education include the regular April Board Meeting at 6:30 p.m., on April 20, 2017 in the Multi-Purpose Room at Four County Career Center.
© 2017, The Village Reporter and/or Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.