Jill Jacoby was elected President of the Edon Northwest Local Board of Education during its Reorganization Meeting held Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. in the Edon Schools Media Center. Elected Vice-President was Brad McCrea; both terms are for one year.
Additionally at this time, the Board approved:
- Continuing with the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. as the date and time for regular monthly sessions (with the exception of June or when otherwise noted).
- Authorizing Superintendent Ed Ewers to serve as Purchasing Agent for the District.
- Setting Bonds for the Treasurer, Superintendent and Board President at $20,000 each.
- Maintaining the Board’s Service Fund at $5,000 (for expenses actually incurred by members in their official duties i.e. workshops, professional development programs, etc.).
- Approving Ennis, Roberts and Fischer as Legal Counsel.
Board members also agreed to serve on the following committees:
- Ohio School Boards Association (OSBA) Legislative Liaison ~ Brad McCrea
- OSBA Student Achievement Liaison ~ Suzi McCullough
- Athletic Council Representative ~ Suzi McCullough
- Park Board Representative ~ Jill Jacoby
- Technology Committee ~ Jill Jacoby and Suzi McCullough
- Policy Book Committee ~ Terry Hake and Brad McCrea
- Negotiation Committee ~ Dave Haase and Brad McCrea; Jill Jacoby as alternate
- Audit Committee ~ Jill Jacoby and Terry Hake
With approval of 2013 Reorganization Items and Appointments as presented, the meeting was adjourned to regular session.
© 2013 – 2016, The Village Reporter and/or Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.