Leeann Thompson (1969 – 2015)

Leann Thompson WEBLeeann Thompson, 46 years, of West Unity, passed away Monday, March 9, 2015 at Community Hospitals and Wellness Center, Bryan. Leeann was born January 21, 1969 in Montpelier, Ohio, the daughter of Hal Dewey and Caroline Virginia (Theobald) Thompson. She graduated from Hilltop High School and enjoyed attending Cadet basketball and football games. Leeann formerly worked at Northwest Products in Archbold and currently worked at Chief Supermarket in Bryan. Leeann was an active member at Living Hope Free Methodist Church. She enjoyed shopping and spending time with those she loved and those who loved her.

Surviving is her mother, Caroline, of West Unity; three brothers, Mike (Cindy) Thompson, of Carey, Ohio, Kirk Thompson, of West Unity, Chris Thompson, of Bryan; two sisters, Vicki and Jodi Thompson, both of Bryan. Leeann was preceded in death by her father, Hal Dewey.

Visitation for Leeann Thompson will be held on Friday, March 13, 2015 from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the Oberlin-Turnbull Funeral Home, 202 North Liberty Street, West Unity, Ohio. Funeral Services for Leeann will be held 11:00 a.m.  Saturday, March 14, 2015 at Living Hope Free Methodist Church, 1051 West Jackson Street, West Unity, with Pastor David Mathis officiating. Interment will follow in Floral Grove Cemetery, West Unity.

Those planning an expression of sympathy are asked to consider memorial contributions be made to Living Hope Free Methodist Church, 1051 West Jackson Street, West Unity, Ohio 43570, or The Enrichment Center, 11246 State Route 15, Montpelier, Ohio 43543.

Condolences may be sent to the family or the online guest book may be signed at www.oberlinturnbull.com

Thompson-Geesey-Qtrly-gde-Mach-2017-1000x281.jpg

34 Comments on "Leeann Thompson (1969 – 2015)"

1. Vicki Slaughter -TSC | March 10, 2015 at 4:18 pm | Reply

I was so blessed to have been able to chat with Leeann and her Mother at the TSC just on Saturday. What a blessing she was to so many! My condolences to her family.

2. Victor & Diane (currier) franklin | March 10, 2015 at 4:59 pm | Reply

I’ve known Leann many years…..she was a joy to tease at chief…I will miss her bubbling personality…..rest in peace sweetie….you are loved

3. Leeann was my favorite carryout at Chief. Her smile,hugs, and kind words were such a blessing each visit I made for groceries. She had an ornery side that was unmatched. She was an asset to the Chief team and will be definitely missed. R.I.P. sweet Angel Leeann.

4. Shelly Bowers | March 10, 2015 at 5:51 pm | Reply

It was a pleasure to work with Leeann at Chief. She always had a cheery disposition and was fun to be around. She will be sadly missed. Praying for comfort for her family during this difficult time.

5. Chris Whitlock | March 10, 2015 at 6:00 pm | Reply

I will miss LeeAnn. We loved to tease each other, whether at Chief or at Miller’s Kountry Kitchen in West Unity on burger night.

6. Pat Nafziger | March 10, 2015 at 6:44 pm | Reply

Was so sorry to hear of Leeann’s passing. Always enjoyed visiting with her when she came to the Doughbox Bakery. My sympathy to her family ♥♥♥

7. Pam Ferguson | March 10, 2015 at 6:56 pm | Reply

LeeAnn will be missed, such a pleasant young lady. The Biggest smile

8. Tonya Mullins | March 10, 2015 at 6:59 pm | Reply

I will cherish all of our childhood memories growing up together. I will miss her “picking” on me whenever we ran into eachother! Rest in peace Leeann. My love and prayers to Aunt Caroline, Chris, Mike, Kirk, Vicki, & Jodi.

9. William Tompkins | March 10, 2015 at 7:15 pm | Reply

I will really truly miss seeing her smile. We always picked on each other when we seen each other when she was at her moms. You will be missed.

10. Zuver Family | March 10, 2015 at 7:25 pm | Reply

What a kind and FUN person she was. Condolences from the Zuver family- Maurice, Betsy, Laney, Caleb and Kim.

11. Joan Trausch | March 10, 2015 at 7:46 pm | Reply

I will miss Leeann she was a joy to know

12. Penny Richardson | March 10, 2015 at 7:55 pm | Reply

Such a shock and such a loss. LeeAnn was one of the sweetest girls I have known. God has a new angel that will hug everyone who passes through those gates.

13. Joan Trausch | March 10, 2015 at 8:18 pm | Reply

I will miss her,she was a joy to know she always had a hug for me.

14. Connie Pence | March 10, 2015 at 8:19 pm | Reply

So sorry to hear this about LeeAnn, she was such a sweet person. I loved when she would say “hi girlfriend”. Often got a hug from her. You will be missed, and I hope you know you were loved!

15. mary Alvarez | March 10, 2015 at 8:31 pm | Reply

Leeann was amazing woman Me and Joe loved her so much. She is with her creator now and we will see her again. We were so blessed every time we talk to her.she is going to be missed

16. Sonja Hartman | March 10, 2015 at 8:36 pm | Reply

LeeAnn was such a special person. Always enjoyed talking to her. She made grocery shopping a joy, truly will miss her. My sympathy to her family!

17. LeeAnn was a joy and delight to all who knew her. She will be deeply missed.
    May the God of all comfort be near to her family during this time of sorrow.

18. Sheila Whitlock | March 10, 2015 at 9:11 pm | Reply

Caroline and family, I am so very sorry. The many comments clearly show what a blessing LeeAnn was to all of us. It is hard when we lose a child. My heart aches for you.

19. Karen Irelan | March 10, 2015 at 9:41 pm | Reply

LeeAnn always had a smile, when she came in the General Store at Sauder Village. We will all miss her.

20. Leeann was a kind & careing woman all ways a smile she will be missed !

21. Alicia Hollstein Coburn | March 10, 2015 at 10:07 pm | Reply

I always loved it when I would see her out and about and she would say hey girlfriend and she would always hug me after. She was kind to everyone she will be truly missed. May the peace of God be with her family now and in the days to come. Rest In Jesus LeeAnn

22. I just got the best of the best LeeAnn hugs at Chief last week. I am saddened to think of a world without LeeAnn but she will be the best angel ever (and keep the other angels in line, for that matter!). So sorry for your loss.

23. Will miss her. Went to school with her at hilltop 1984.

24. Leeann, God has gained such a beautiful angle! I’m going to miss your smile and each time I would come in you would always tease me you will be missed! My deepest condolences to the family,

25. Becky Curtis | March 11, 2015 at 6:28 am | Reply

LeeAnn – what a joy to have known her. Even though I saw her only occasionally each time was a blessed reunion. I am sorry to hear of her passing and send my sympathy to her family and close friends.

26. Chris Connolly Nofzinger | March 11, 2015 at 7:43 am | Reply

I was so sad to hear about Leanns passing

27. Cindy Kim Kimpel | March 11, 2015 at 8:46 am | Reply

The Kimpel’s will miss this lovely happy young lady. She just loved to tease Kim at church or whenever he saw her at Chief. Sympathy to her damily

28. Soo sorry to hear about Leeann. She will surely b missed by all that knew her!!! Praying for the family at this difficult time. Chuck & I always got hugs when we saw her & we sure r going to miss her!!! God has another “angel”

29. She was such a kind person. I think she covered every inch of West Unity on her blue bike. 🙂 I was truly blessed to have known her and have her as a childhood neighbor.

30. Paula Hancock | March 11, 2015 at 7:42 pm | Reply

While this is a sad day for everyone who knew and loved you, we know the joy you received when you saw Jesus face to face. Good by for now sweet angel. You will forever be in our hearts. Paula Hancock

31. Tammy (Hodson) Semer | March 11, 2015 at 8:01 pm | Reply

Leeann was a very special young lady. God has received an Angel. My condolences to the Thompson family.

32. prayers for the family of Lee Ann she will be truly missed by many many people.rip leeann

33. Tracy Thompson Mercer | March 12, 2015 at 11:04 pm | Reply

Our family has lost a special person. Leeann’s caring for others and energy for life will be missed.

34. Jerry and Linda Long | March 13, 2015 at 3:07 pm | Reply

Our deepest loss to the family who had shared such a great person that was so caring in her life. She brought bouquets of cheer and happines to us all. She is already missed. For her family rest knowing that she is a VIP (very important person) now and forever!