Two millage renewal requests will be on the November ballot for Lyons village residents. The Village Council will place a 0.5-mill renewal for the parks and a 4.5-mill renewal for the fall election.
In other news:
- Lawrence Onweller from the Fulton County Farm Bureau talked about funding options for a lagoon irrigation pilot project.
- The council awarded the garbage franchise to A.R.S.
- John Swearengin and Kay Roth reviewed and updated the Fulton County Historical Museum project.
- Council discussed equipment ages and repairs that are becoming more frequent.
- Council decided to have an Appreciation/Happy Retirement Party for Bob Iffland at 3 p.m. May 25 at the Village Hall and would like residents to stop by and wish Bob well.
- Council approved the purchase of 12 tons of salt from the Fulton County Engineer for winter of 2017 – 2018.
- Scott McDermot of the Lyons VFW spoke about a gun raffle and the support they need.
- McDermot is thinking about changing the parade time to allow the Evergreen High School Band more time to arrive and get lined up.
© 2017, The Village Reporter and/or Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.