The Montpelier School Board met for their regular meeting on Tuesday, May 14. During the meeting the board accepted several donations as well as approved multiple personnel items, resolutions, and policies that coincide with moving from the 2012-13 to the 2013-14 school year.
Donations accepted with gratitude by the board include:[emember_protected custom_msg=”Full content protected for online subscribers. Purchase a one week subscription from the top menu bar for just $1.99 to read all online content (full access). Longer subscription plans are also available. Subscriptions cover our costs to attend local events; bringing forth Hometown News Coverage to our communities.”]
- $200 from the Montpelier Civic League to Locomotion
- $150 from Jeff Lehman to the District
- $600 from Montpelier Music Boosters to Locomotion
- $2000 from Montpelier Athletic Boosters to Volleyball
- $1255 from FIRST (Fathers Interested in Restoring Sports Tradition) to the Jason Saneholtz Memorial Scholarship
- $500 from FIRST to Boy’s Basketball
- $300 from Athena Study Club to the Accelerated Reader Program
- $250 from Montpelier Academic Boosters to Archery
- $250 from Montpelier Civic League to Archery
- $10 from Ila Simmons to the Elementary Principal’s Activity Fund
- $600 from Athena Study Club to Archery
- $500 from Athena Study Club to the Jason Saneholtz Memorial Scholarship
- $500 from Athena Study Club to Science Olympiad
- $100 from CK Technologies to Science Olympiad
- $175 from Montpelier Academic Boosters to Science Olympiad
- $250 from Montpelier Civic League to Science Olympiad
- $1600 from Montpelier Athletic Boosters to Cheerleading
- $1000 from Athena Study Club to Alexandra Reucher’s class
Approval was also given for the creation of two accounts, one for the John Dwyer Scholarship and one for the Resident Educator Programs for fiscal year 2013. The transfer of the 2012 John Dwyer Scholarship funds to the 2013 John Dwyer Scholarship fund due to the decline of the 2012 scholarship and participation in the Ohio Health Initiatives Workers’ Compensation Rating Program for calendar year 2014 were also both approved.
Also given blanket approval under consent agenda were several personnel items. Regarding the employment of certified staff, Shelby Schmersal was approved as a Spanish teacher at the Bachelor’s Degree/5 years level for the 2013-14 school year. The maternity leave for Deborah Johnson tentatively scheduled for August 19, 2013 through November 10, 2013 was also approved. The following supplemental contracts for the 2013-14 school year were also approved:
- Michele Anderson – 8 days extended time
- Shawne Bonney – 19 days extended time
- Shelby Schmersal – Spanish Club Advisor
- Joseph Brigle – Athletic Director
- Steven Brancheau – Head Football
- Troy Roth – Assistant Football
- Joseph Brigle – Assistant Football
- Blayne – Bible – Assistant Football; Summer PE/Health
- Anthony Coleman – Assistant Football
- Lance Thorp – JH Football
- Timothy Ford – JH Football
- Khrysta Long – Assistant Volleyball
- Krista Roe – JH Volleyball
- Matthew Kaullen – Head Cross Country
- Kaitlin Brancheau – Head Cheerleading
Graduate hours for Steven Brancheau, Joseph Brigle, Monica Brigle, Katy Corkle, Tayna Dutkiewicz, Jayna Hug, Tomothy Ford, and Cynthia Shoup for the 2012-13 school year were also approved. Robert Boron as a substitute teacher for the 2013-14 school year was approved pending a completed employment packet.
Regarding the employment of classified staff, the board approved recommendations to employ Elaine Woodward as a cook at 185 days and 6.25 hours per day for the 2013-14 school year and Chad Fitzenrider as a bus driver at 185 days at 3 hours per day for the 2013-14 school year. The following supplemental contracts for the 2013-14 school year were also approved:
- Michael Martinelli – Volunteer Football
- Mark Earle – Volunteer Football
- Michael Bum – JH Football
- Jason Caudill – JH Football
- E. Bess Cooley – Assistant Volleyball
- Kelsie Bowman-Schwartz – Volunteer Volleyball
- Andrew Saneholtz – Head Golf
- Brandon Shoup – JH Golf
- Hollie Carroll – JH Cross Country
- Pamala Pawlowicz – JH Cheerleading
The Standards-Based Teacher Evaluation Policy was also approved.
Regarding purchase and service contracts, the board approved a continued agreement with the Ohio High School Athletic Association for the 2013-14 school year as well as a technical service agreement with the Northwest Ohio Computer Association for July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014. The Voluntary Student Accident and Sickness Insurance Program through Love Insurance, the service agreement with Healthcare Process Consulting, Inc. to manage the district’s School Medicaid program, and the service agreement with Treca Educational Solutions were all also approved for the 2013-14 school year.
Resolutions were also passed to for the Extensions of Credit and Incumbency Certificate with PNC Bank and for the ACE Digital Academy for the 2013-14 school year. Along with those, a resolution adopting a 457 Plan under the Ohio Public Employees Deferred Compensation Program administered by the Ohio Public Deferred Compensation Board for participation by “eligible employees” of the Montpelier Exempted Village School District was also approved.
In other business the board approved amending the STRS employer pick-up of employee contributions to reflect the rate increase of employee contributions and the Teacher Appreciation Week Proclamation Handbooks for the Montpelier Exempted Village Schools Faculty, Elementary students and parents, Junior and Senior High School students and parents, Montpelier Locomotives Athletic Students, and Montpelier Junior and Senior High School Coaches and Athletes were all also approved.
Other approvals include the renewal of the substitute teacher contract for the 2013-14 school year and school lunch prices for the 2013-14 school year. Grades K-8 lunches will cost $2.25, Grades 9-12 $2.50, and adult lunches $3.00. Extra milk will be $0.50. Applications for the Title I, Title II-A, Title II-D, Title VI-B IDEA, Title III LEP, and the federal meal and milk program for the 2013-14 school year were also approved. Motions to accept the itinerary for the National Archery Shoot at Louisville, Kentucky and the American History End of Course Exam for the 2013-14 school year were met with approvals as well. So too was a Memorandum of Understanding between the Montpelier Education Association and the Montpelier Exempted Village Board of Education for the addition of supplemental positions for an SLO Committee.
All bills and the minutes for the April 9 regular meeting were approved as presented. The meeting went into executive session for the purpose of discussing personnel with no further actions being taken upon return.[/emember_protected]
© 2013 – 2016, The Village Reporter and/or Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.