STRYKER … Mayor Dan Hughes passes blank ballots to 2012 council president Carol Feehan.
Council voted to elect Joan Ruffer as 2013 president in a 4-2 vote.
“Better late than never” is what they say.
Council president elections are most often held during the first meeting of the new year. However, not all council members were present in January, therefore, elections were held off. During the February council meeting held on Monday February 11th, council member Joan Ruffer was elected as president in a 4-2 vote.
Clarifications were made to the rate revision of the water usage increase on the utility billing statements. Only the water usage per gallon will increase. Per gallon usage will increase from $2 to $4 per gallon. No other rate changes will be seen on the billing statements.
- During executive session, council directed Administrator Gary St. John to have a survey completed for potential land acquisition
- Council passed the 2nd reading of Ordinance 2013-1 to amend section 925.01(a) for the rate increase of water usage
- The Ferro water tower is in need of repair. Received an estimate from Preferred Tank & Tower for approximately $88,000 for total repairs. Immediate repairs for foundation work and tune the rods will cost around $30,000
- Council reviewed the 2013 Budget; no raises will be given in 2013. Administrator St. John has also been working on the budget
- Dave Frank introduced The Loft to council, explained the goals of The Loft and what is yet to come
- February was declared Career and Technology Education Month by Mayor Dan Hughes
- Stryker Police Department has renewed their association with the National Child Safety Council
- Administrator St John has been working on some issues at the water treatment plant
The council will meet again in regular session on March 11th at 6 pm in the Village Hall.