The Stryker Board of Education approved a resolution for $1,215,000 in school facilities improvement refunding bonds.
The board approved the following donations:
Kirk Eichler – 12 cases of water for the football team valued at $120.
Sue Miller – Bundy Flute to the band valued at $300.
Anonymous – $250 toward academic purposes
Anonymous – $5,000 toward football athletic field improvements
Principal’s Report to Superintendent
1. All K-3 Reading Improvement Plans (RIMPS) have been identified.
2. Star (ELA/Math) progress monitoring – Fall pretest complete.
3. Teacher Evaluations – Student Growth measures (SLOS) initiated.
4. Reading Diagnostics Grades K-3 complete.
5. Sept. 29– Picture Retakes
6. Sept.30- Band Tailgate 4 – 7
7. Oct. 9 – 15th is Fire Prevention Week.
8. Oct. 13– 1:00 Character Building Assembly – Ted DiBiase Million Dollar Man presents
9. Oct. 20 – Elementary Quiz Bowl @Hilltop – 6:30 pm
10. Oct. 21– End of 1st 9 weeks.
11. Oct. 24 – 28 Fall OGT make-up week.
12. Oct. 24 – JH/HS Choir Concert 7 pm on the Stage.
13. Wish all the Fall sports teams good luck in the tournament.
A. The Board approved Tim Oberlin, Steve Peters and Betty Ross as Classified/Certified Personnel and Transportation Driver Substitutes for the 2016-17 school year, contingent upon required BCI/FBI background check and all required documents.
B. The Board approved Holly Schultz as an educational tutors for 2016-17 at the rate of $100 per day.
C. The Board approved the resignation of Kamie Beck, as administrative assistant effective Sept. 27.