The Stryker Board of Education met in regular session on Monday April 15.
Superintendant Nate Johnson gave the board an update on the progress of the athletic complex just south of town. The all-weather surface has not been laid yet, but with the weather temperatures getting closer to having consistent 50 degree days, it won’t be long.
The first Jr High track meet has been held at the new complex, but there is still more work to be done as Johnson updates the board.
“Partitions in the bathrooms at the concession stand, a little more concrete work for the sleeves at the discus and long jump, the complex sign, and seating of course. We’re moving right along” states Johnson.
Donations were accepted by the Stryker Athletic Boosters: $5,000 to purchase track equipment and SPSP: $2,000 to the archery fund
[emember_protected custom_msg=”Full content protected for online subscribers. Purchase a one week subscription from the top menu bar for just $1.99 to read all online content (full access). Longer subscription plans are also available. Subscriptions cover our costs to attend local events; bringing forth Hometown News Coverage to our communities.”]
In the principal’s report to the Superintendant:
- Kindergarten screening will be held on April 30 and May 1
- OAA testing for Grades 3-8 will be April 23,24,26
- Prom will be held on May 4
- Final band and choir concert will be held on May 21
- Right to Read Week will be held May 6-10
- District wide IOWA testing will be held May 6-10
- Kindergarten conferences will be held on May 10
- Elementary Arts night will be held on May 13
- Academic awards night will be held on May 20
- Grandparents day will be May 3
- 4th grade OAP testing will be held on May 7
- Government class court house tour will be April 29
- SPSP Corn Hole family tournament will be held on May 10
In the Superintendant’s personnel recommendation report:
- Recommend the board accept the resignations of Maurice Zuver (retirement) and Christopher Bavin
- Recommend the board approve the non-renewal of Allison Kelly, Sacha Leu, Adam Maas, Nancy Michael and Lauren Waidelich
- Recommend the board to approve the following classified substitutes and volunteers for the 2012-13 school year, contigent upon the required BCI/FBI background check and all required documents: Chad Powers (volunteer track assistant)
- Recommend the board to approve the Employment & Extended contracts for the 2013-14 school year: Sacha Leu, Aletia Wonders, Dylan Givens, Angie Garlinger, Kathleen King, Sherry Herman, Julie Doehrman, Dustin Maroon, Kevin Beck, Beth Weyer, Larry Freshour, Brett Grieser, Lindsi Rufenacht, LaVon Benner, Mike Donovan
- Recommend the board approve the following Summer School instructors for June-August: Melanie Baldwin, Angie Garlinger, Dylan Givens, Jason Barringer, Lisa Smith, Sherry Herman, Kathryn Jimenez, Beth Weyer, Maurice Zuver, Larry Freshour
In the Superintendant’s recommendation report:
- Recommend the board to approve the class of 2013 for Graduation to be held on May 26
- Recommend the board to approve the Open Enrollment for 2013-14 to participate
- Recommend the board to approve the summer overnight extended trip for the girls basketball team to attend the Springfield Camp in Springfield, Ohio in June
- Recommend the board to approve membership in the Northwestern Ohio Educational Research Council for the 2013-14 school year
- Recommend the board to approve the use of district transportation for Stryker Preschool to the Ft Wayne zoo on May 9
- Recommend the board to approve the update to resolution 13-023 relative to the security arrangements and emergency response protocols for the Board of Education
The board moved into executive session to discuss the consideration of employment of a public employee or official and to consider the evaluation and review of a public official or employee.
No action was taken.
The Board of Education will meet in regular session on May 13th in the art room.[/emember_protected]