By: James Pruitt
THE VILLAGE REPORTER
The Stryker Board of Education met briefly May 16 to take care of some financial matters and approve personnel recommendations from the superintendent.
The board accepted an anonymous donation of $5,000 for the Stryker Football program.
The board approved to establish the Class of 2020 fund (200-9020), as presented.
Principal’s Report to Superintendent:
1. May 30– Memorial Day Parade – Band marching
2. May 27– Grade Card pick up 9 a.m.– noon and 1-3 p.m.
3. June 13 – Summer OGT Week
Regarding personnel matters, the board:
– Accepted the resignation of teacher Hanna Weideman effective May 20, 2016.
– Approved Matt Arnos for 5th Quarter Agriculture Grant for Summer 2016 and the 2016-17 school year.
– Approved the following employment contracts, beginning with the 2016-2017:
Kevin Beck – Teacher – 3 years
Kaye Wonders – Transportation – 2 years
– Approved the following supplemental contracts for 2016-2017.
Jr. Class Advisor (Shared) – Aletia Wonders
Football Assistant – James Estle
Football Assistant – Dom Romero
Varsity Volleyball – Krissy Cheslock
– Approved Melanie Baldwin as a 2016 Summer School teacher.
– Approved Pat Leupp, Sue Roth, Ashlie Grieser and Connie Grieser as 2015-16 athletic event workers, at $35 per event.
– Approved substitute pay be set at $100 per day, starting with the 2016-17 school year.
The next school board meeting is at 6:30 p.m., June 27 in the high school art room.
James Pruitt may be reached at
© 2016, The Village Reporter and/or Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.