Swanton Public Library Board of Trustees met on January 17, 2017 for their annual organizational meeting. Trustees Rheba Burtch, Dan McQuade, Mona Dyke, Neil Toeppe, Kevin Young, and Tom Zimmerman were present along with Director Janelle Thomas and Fiscal Officer Douglas Deacon. Trustee Roger Truckor was absent.
Board members in attendance unanimously approved the library’s annual resolution to continue to serve the Swanton Local School District residents in Fulton and Lucas Counties. Officers elected in 2017 include Rheba Burtch, President; Dan McQuade, Vice President; and Mona Dyke, Secretary. Trustee Tom Zimmerman was elected to serve as Financial Advisor. All votes were unanimous.
In addition, Trustees chose Library Closing Dates and regular meeting dates. The Board of Trustees will meet the third Monday of every month at 7 p.m. unless otherwise posted. Closing Dates from February 2017 thru January 2018 were also unanimously approved. As in previous years, the Library will be closed in observance of the following holidays:
• Monday, February 20 – President’s Day
• Sunday, April 16 – Easter Sunday
• Friday, May 12 – Staff In-Service Day
• Monday, May 29 – Memorial Day
• Tuesday, July 4 – Independence Day
• Monday, September 4 – Labor Day
• Thursday, November 23 – Thanksgiving
• Sunday, December 24 – Christmas Eve
• Monday, December 25 – Christmas Day
• Sunday, December 31 – New Year’s Eve
• Monday, January 1 – New Year’s Day
• Monday, January 15 – Martin Luther King Day
Due to the holiday the Board will next meet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at the Swanton Public Library. The public is welcome to attend.
© 2017, The Village Reporter and/or Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.