The Swanton Public Library announces upcoming activities for the month of October. Swanton Public Library is located at 305 Chestnut Street, Swanton.
• Thursdays, October 8, 15, 22, and 29 from 10:15 am to 11:30 am – Intro to Yoga. Join us for a series of yoga classes taught by Aimee Strohbeck. Please bring a yoga mat and towel and wear comfortable clothing for easy movement. No experience necessary. Class fee is by donation with proceeds benefiting the library.
• Thursday, October 8 at 7:00 pm – Adult book discussion led by Marty Kaback. This month’s topic is the mystery The Ritual Bath by Faye Kellerman.
• Wednesday, October 14 from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm – Anime Club for grades 6-12. Join us to watch two or three episodes of anime(s) chosen by the attendees and make armbands. Popcorn, food, and drinks will also be provided. Participants are welcome to come in cosplay, anime or otherwise. Teens who just completed these grades are invited. Free!
• Thursday, October 15 from 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm – Flu Shot Clinic. Many types of insurance, as well as Medicaid and Medicare, are accepted. For more information, call the Fulton County Health Department at 419-337-0915.
• Thursday, October 15 from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm – Introduction to Tai Chi. Dawn Seigneur, owner of Sukha Yoga in Delta and a physical therapist with more than 30 years of experience, will be at the library to present a free program on the history of Tai Chi and to lead students in some of the exercises. Please register by phone, on our website, or at the circulation desk.
• Monday, October 19 at 7:00 pm – Swanton Public Library Board of Trustees regular monthly meeting. Open to the public.
• Thursday, October 21, at 4:00 pm –Halloween Bash for grades 6-12. Show up anytime between 4:00 pm and 5:30 pm at the library and celebrate the scariest day of the year. There will be games, music, crafts, snacks, and, of course, plenty of candy! Come dressed in your best Halloween costume for a chance to win some spooky prizes. No registration is necessary; just show up and have fun!
• Thursday, October 22 from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm – Cardmaking Classes Continue. Join us for another make-and-take cardmaking class led by Anna Geis. This month students will make fall cards. Children over the age of eight, accompanied by an adult, are welcome to attend as well. The supply fee is $5.00 for 3 cards. Stop in at the library to look at sample cards and/or to register. You may also register online or by phone.
• Saturday, October 24 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm – Babysitting Clinic. Fulton County Health Center will teach this clinic at the library. Participants must be at least 11-years-old to attend. Participants who complete the training will be certified in babysitting through the Fulton County Health Center (does not include CPR training). Registration is required in advance and includes a $20.00 class fee. Checks are made payable to Fulton County Health Center. Class size is limited to 20. Bring a sack lunch. Beverages and a snack will be provided.
• Saturday, October 24 from 10:30 am to 11:15 am – Spooky Stories for grades K-5. Come celebrate being down on the farm at the library! Come celebrate ghosts and other things that go bump in the night at the library with spooky stories, ghostly games, scary snacks, and a creepy craft. Come dressed in costume if you can! Please register online, at the front desk, or by phone. Free.
© 2015 – 2016, The Village Reporter and/or Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.