(Fort Wayne, IN) – Dylan Sadowy scored twice as the Walleye defeated the Komets 4-3 on Wednesday night in Fort Wayne. Pat Nagle stopped 36 of 39 shots and is 6-1-0 in the postseason. The Walleye lead the best-of-seven series two games to one.
Dylan Sadowy would score his first goal of the postseason when the puck deflected off his stick and past Houser at 3:37 of the first period to put the Walleye up 1-0. Nagle shined in the first period, turning aside all 15 shots he faced.
Mike Embach (1st) would extend the Walleye lead at 3:37 of the second period when he found the back of the net. Fort Wayne would cut the lead to 2-1 at 6:43 of the frame when Cody Sol’s shot beat Pat Nagle. The Komets would tie the game 2-2 at 12:02 of the period with a shot from the blue line that deflected into the back of the net.
The Walleye would dominate in the third period, outshooting Fort Wayne 17-11. The Komets would take a 3-2 lead with a shot from the blue line that went top-shelf at 2:52 of the third period. Sadowy (2nd) would score his second of the game at 14:05 of the frame to tie the game up. Shane Berschbach (2nd) would score a power play goal at 15:08 to give the Walleye the 4-3 victory.
- The Walleye are in Fort Wayne for Game 4 on Friday with an 8:00 p.m. puck drop. The team returns home on Saturday for a 7:35 p.m. puck drop for Game 5.
- Nagle stopped 36 of 39 shots and is 6-1-0 in the postseason.
- The Walleye finished 1/3 on the power play and killed off four Komets power plays.
- Dylan Sadowy (2G, 0A) and Mike Borkowski (0G, 1A) both returned from Grand Rapids and each had at least one point tonight.
- AJ Jenks leads the Walleye in the Fort Wayne series with four points (3G, 1A) in three games played.
© 2018, The Village Reporter and/or The Associated Press. All rights reserved.