The Wauseon Board of Education took a major step towards the planned construction of new administrative offices in their Monday meeting. Coming out of Executive Session, the board followed recommendations of an Evaluation Committee in ranking the top three professional design firms to serve as the project’s architect.
Beilharz Architects of Defiance was chosen as the most qualified, while Munger Munger + Associates Architects Inc. of Toledo and Fanning Howey Associates of Celina were ranked second and third, respectively.
The resolution allows Superintendent Larry Brown to negotiate a contract with Beilharz Architects for the services, while the other two firms will be in reserve until the success of the negotiations is determined.
A location and cost of the new administrative building has not yet been determined. Offices are temporarily housed in the Wauseon Elementary and Middle Schools after the board decided to not renew their lease at the Sunshine Professional Building on Fulton Street following the March 30th contract expiration.
In other new business, the board:
● Approved modifications and supplemental modifications to the FY17 Permanent Appropriations and Certificate of Resources.
● Accepted a donation of $202.26 from the Christ United Methodist Church to the WMS After School snack program
● Adopted a continued health insurance plan with American Fidelity which allows staff to choose their individual benefits under a “cafeteria style”.
● Offered continuing certificated contracts to Katie Miller and Sara Rupp.
● Offered one-year limited certificated contracts to Amanda Aniolowski, Michelle Borton, Elizabeth Brodman, Donald Clark, Lindsay Gordon, Catherine Lemley, Terry Lind, Allison Maison, Christie Metzner, Abby Mouch, Mary Norman, Walter Jordan Smith, Jenna Storrer, Chris Thomas, Michelle Winters, Myriah Wooley, and Tatiana Wright.
● Offered one-year limited certificated contracts to Chris Roberts and Bobbie Simpkins. Both retired and were rehired by the board.
● Offered two-year limited certificated contracts to Tina Blanchong, Sara Brown, Angelica Dunsavage, Derek Eddings, Victoria Hanson, Melanie Johnson, Stephanie King, Jennifer Little, Shawn Moore, Carrie Nofziger, Carla Richer, Brittany Schroeder, Susan Simmons, Kyle Storrer, Rebecca Stuckey, Laura Vorwerk, Brittany Webster, and Danielle Wilson.
● Offered continuing classified contracts to Jo Dee Aeschliman, Tammy Carder, Jean LaFountain, Samantha Sherman, Rachel Smith, and Jennifer Tester.
● Offered two-year limited classified contracts to Michelle Cantu, Lisa Kudlica, Hillary Moore, Andrea Morrow, Lauren Nafziger, and Eric Sauber.
According to Brown, after completing two one-year contracts, instructors are offered a two-year contract if they meet continuing education requirements, receive positive evaluations, and file appropriate documentation. After the completion of two two-year contracts, staff are offered five year contracts pending the completion of similar criteria.
The next meeting will be held Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 12:00 pm in the Wauseon Primary School.
© 2017, The Village Reporter and/or Associated Press (AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.