The Williams County Board of Commissioners have awarded the bid for the Stryker Community Center project to an Edon firm.
Two bids were received for the Project Year CDBG CD allocation program: Siebenaler Construction Co., Edon, Ohio; BID AMOUNT: $23,475 and Schimmoeller Construction, Kalida, Ohio; BID AMOUNT: $27,890
CDBG funds in the amount of $11,200 have been allocated to the project along with leveraged funds in the amount of $12,275. Any additional funds, including any changes orders that may occur, above the CDBG funds and leveraged funds will be the financial responsibility of the Village of Stryker. After reviewing the two bids received, the Village of Stryker and Maumee Valley Planning Organization are recommending that the bid be awarded to Siebenaler Construction Co.
In other news:
- The commissioners approved the purchase of new alert systems for EMA/9-1-1.
- Don Bulla, Williams County EMA/9-1-1, submitted April 5 to the Williams County Commissioners a quotation from Everbridge for the mass fotification, IPAWS Notification, Additional Organization, ContactBridge and Smart Weather Alerting at a cost not exceed $14,475. The contract term is from June 16, 2017 through June 15, 2018
- The commissioners approved the quotations submitted by engineer Todd Roth for a 2017 Ford F-350 4 x 4 Crew Cab Truck. The quotations are as follows: Bryan Ford-Lincoln, Inc. – $35,877 (which is under state pricing) and Kalida Truck Equipment, Inc. – $13,000 for added equipment. The total purchase is not to exceed $48,877.
- The commissioners approved an application for membership and contract for service with North Western Electric Cooperative, Inc. with regard to the Durham Estates Lift Station.
- The request was submitted by Engineer Todd Roth. The request is for electric energy at a cost to be based on usage to be paid from sanitary funds.
- The commissioners approved a quotation-conditions of sale with Contech Engineered Solutions to purchase H/C Pipe at a cost not to exceed $6,950.
- Williams County will be advertising for sealed bids for the 2017 chip seal program.
- The bid will be opened at 10:30 a.m. May 4, One Courthouse Square, 4th Floor, Bryan.
- Bid notice may be viewed on the Williams County Web Site at www.co.williams.oh.us under the heading COMMISSIONERS, LEGAL NOTICES.
© 2017, James Pruitt. All rights reserved.